Thursday, June 9, 2011

Greed

Of all of life's lessons, there is just one that I feel will always stick with me; rely on no one, for everyone leaves in the end. I know how it feels to be deserted. I know how it feels to be put on a shelf to collect dust like a cheap Christmas card from an indifferent relative. Truth be told, man is a selfish race. Over the years of being used just to be cast aside, it has become apparant to me that even those seeming most altruistic are meerley skilled at hiding their egotistical tendancies. Every selfless action has a selfish motive. In both charity and malevolence, the same incentives are at work. It is vital to trust no one, and when in doubt, remember: everyone is the same. Everyone is driven by the same greed and everyone possesses the same lust for self-fullfilment. Never forget that greed is the most powerful force in existence, and its strength cannot be measured by any means other than the strength of the will in a selfish man's heart

2 comments:

  1. This is so wonderfully written. If you don't become a writer, I am going to be seriously bummed out. LOL. I want to share you a poem by Hafiz:
    When The Violin

    When
    The Violin
    Can Forgive the past
    It starts singing.

    When the Violin can stop worrying
    about the future

    You will become
    such a drunk laughing nuisance

    That God
    Will then Lean Down
    And start combing You
    Into
    His Hair.

    When the Violin
    can forgive every wound
    caused by Others

    The Heart
    Starts Singing.

    How awesome is that?
    Your Heart is Writing. in my humble opinion, that is.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to that poem so much! Thank you for sharing, Susan :) And it means a lot that you say that, whether or not I am able to make a living off of writing in the future, writing is definitely something I enjoy doing :)It's good to be told that I'm good at doing what i love! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete