Monday, April 25, 2011

The cycle of life.

With nobody by my side, I trudge through these murky waters, searching for a sign of light. The debilitating haze of depression reduces visibility levels to zero. What can I do but aimlessly carry on in an unknown direction, not knowing what lay ahead? I wander through nothing but blackness, strikingly inhibiting in it's utmost simplicity. I may stumble, and I may collapse, yet I have never failed to muster the strength to bring myself back to my feet. On this journey, nothing can be certain. We enter this life with no instructions, we were not born into this world with a pamphlet in hand, nor engrossed with fine black print. In this sense, we must create our own standards and expectations for ourselves as individuals. We are all distinguished beings with contrasting abilities and disabilities, thus we are required to clear our own paths on our journey through life. Me? I walk in circles, endlessly cycling through the stages of life and death. I have been reborn an infinite amount of times, and faced death to an equal extent. We are spiritually reborn through the experiences we encounter each day on our voyage through time. We are reincarnated through our struggles, for we must be resurrected many times in order to survive the untimely circumstances of our spiritual deaths. What lies at the end of this seemingly endless road is nothing but the discovery of our true selves. Only when we make this discovery does the haze clear and the light appear, and only than will we be free of the cycle of renewal and degeneration.

3 comments:

  1. you are an amazing writer. i want you to look up the collage work of Michael schnitzer. Let me know what you think
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40oz/
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan, that really means alot! And I looked at Michaels work, its outstanding. I loved his Ronald Mcdonald piece, it had a very abnormal vibe to it which is probably why I was so drawn to it!

    ReplyDelete