Monday, June 6, 2011

Depression

Fear resides within me. Forever present within me is the dreaded sinking sensation in the pit of one's stomach, too often triggered by the generation of tension in everyday situations.  Trembling is to me just as natural as breathing. My mind itself suffers constant convulsions; waves of pain flow throughout my body as my  brain writhes in torment. Mental? No. This phenomenon is far to intense to be of emotional magnitude. Physical? Doubtful. All physical affliction can be traced back to a tangible origin. Spiritual? Perhaps. It does so feel as though my existence is being painstakingly drained by an unknown entity; no, quite the contrary; a familiar friend. This particular acquaintance was not introduced to me during the wasteful hours of playing in the sands of my childhood. Neither has this neighbor become known as a result of my past experiences at school. Rather, this parasitic companion of mine has always been a part of me. From birth to my highly anticipated death, this consort has always been there for me; when no one else was. Her name is depression. She is never lonely, depression always has me by her side. Though painful and deadly, depression is not contagious. She cannot spread from person to person, for once she finds you, she never leaves. Even when days are bright and the sky is clear, always remember; she has not forgotten you. Depression never forgets. So incontractable yet fatal, she is a silent killer, yes, for depression is cancer of the soul.

2 comments:

  1. The Clay Bowl's Destiny:Hafiz:

    The
    Ship You are Riding On
    Look Where it is Heading.

    Your body's port is the graveyard.

    Realizing the destiny
    of each clay bowl
    Tossed into the sky
    With no one to Catch it

    I finally
    Accepted the Beloved's kind offer
    To enroll
    In
    His Sublime
    Ball-busting course
    Of
    Spirit
    Love.

    I love this poem. To me it speaks of the randomness of life, the absence of a safety net, and the impermanence of life. I find great comfort, in knowing The Universe (what I call my God) loves me unconditionally. The last lines of the poem, acknowledge that life is ball-busting but love is the consolation prize. The Universe loves you unconditionally also. Remember this when Your Visitor comes, and her kick her sorry ass to the curb. also cheesy disco videos on YouTube help too. Last night a DJ saved my life is a perfect example......LOL but not really. sorry if this is all new agey sounding but I believe it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan, I am really enjoying these poems! You give great advice, it reassures me that there are caring people like you out in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete