Sunday, November 27, 2011

Let Us Give Thanks and Praise-

I feel as though I am fighting an internal war. My mind is a battlefield, defaced by the relentless onslaught of every day stresses. The simplest tasks now seem unfeasible. Even in sleep I am unable to rest, forever haunted by the mere thought of waking up. Another day, another battle. Who wins a war fought with oneself? I am succumbing to the pressure of the weight of the world. So crushing is its force. I asphyxiate on the very air I breathe.

An empty house. A feast of prescription pills and shame. A pain no sedative can dull. Happy Thanksgiving. I was once so alive, flowing with energy and motivation. Look at me now. Can you bear to see the wreck I have become, the mess you have made? Some acts are unforgivable. I have been so sympathetic until now. Tell me, stranger, can you smell the apathy on my breath as I can smell the liquor on yours? Repent to whichever god you please, but you shall never reconcile with me. I hope you choke on your guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment