Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Shedding-

Young but aging, I waste away in my skin. With thinning hair and two black eyes, I watch the world. You can find me decomposing as I sit with my face pressed against the window pane; wondering if the grass is truly greener beyond this shield of glass. I clutch my soul in my left hand and my heart in my right. I swallow my soul and purge my pride; Sometimes, relief is worth the price you pay. I have the world at my fingertips but dreams in my mind. Forsaken by life itself, I close my eyes and build a mental empire of my own; I choose to live in a reality in which I am in control. I choose to imagine.

2 comments:

  1. The realm of imagination becoming reality is never farther away than arm's reach.

    Nice work, interesting thoughts ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. This is something that so few people seem to understand.

    Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete