Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blood & Ink

This feeling is too familiar,
Like a distant, admired, friend.
Like a deer stuck in the headlights,
I'm just waiting for the end.

It's only a matter of time now,
Before time is one with fate.
The seasons of love have left us
And been replaced with winters of hate.

Frost seals shut my eyelids,
The windows to my heart.
I've grown so cold and bitter,
Since the day you chose to part.

Cut down this ancient oak tree,
Count all of my hidden rings.
Shred me into paper,
Spread your angel wings.

Save all hope for later,
Right now we just need trust.
The truth is chiseled in stone,
The past blows by like dust.

I'm nothing but an insect,
You may not be anything more,
But to me you are oh so perfect,
My princess, my darling, his whore.

Kill me with your beauty,
Love me with your life.
Heal me like a bandage,
Cut me like a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment